Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Do You Really Want to View a Picture of Bin Laden?

             Ms. Martha MacCallum on the Fox News Channel has made her daily bread this 4th of May by beating on the dead horse of the ‘post mortem displaying of pictures of Osama bin Laden’.
I will admit that I have been impressed by our President’s decision to withhold the public release of any such pictures. His new, young, and clueless Press Secretary even read a statement attributed to the President’s interview on an upcoming CBS program that contained very sound, solid and worthy reasons for keeping the photos under lock and key. Of course no amount of intellectual rational will stop those with prurient interest from wanting to view such sordid snapshots.
            But I ask you, have they really thought this through? If you’ve watched a sufficient number of “CSI” type TV episodes you know what the first thing they do to a dead body. Right? The first thing that they do is to strip the body plumb naked. Naked a Jay bird. (I’ve often wondered about that as I’ve never seen what appears to me to be a naked Jay bird, but what the heck, we all understand what it means.)
            Do they really want to see a naked picture of Osama bin Laden. It is asserted that only such a public display will quell the potential of all the “Conspiracy Buffs” from fomenting the theory that Osama isn’t really dead. Well, since neither you, nor I, nor they, know what parts of the nude body must be displayed to reveal any personal identifying marks, tattoos, body piercings, birthmarks, or cellulites that would confirm or deny that he is who we claim that he is. Well then it follows that a complete frontal, totally nude photo would be required to circulate all over the airways, FaceBooks, Twitters, etal. To be followed by a rear view of the same clarity and total exposure.
            Well dear reader, (I have one that’s been confirmed), I’m just not ready for that.
I’m perfectly willing to receive this good news and trust my President isn’t lying to me this time. The prospect of being misinformed is far superior option to the prospect of viewing a picture of a totally nude Bin Laden.

No comments: